By Kara M for mychiller life
It’s summertime , well kind of, you need to beware of that thing we call the sun, when you go outside or you spending more time outside you need to keep your self safe. So after a long look and a few years research and experience here are some of my tips to help you .
First off , if you have some ones laying around your house or stored away ,check how old it is because the older it is the less effective it is. So you may need to upgrade check those expiration dates.
2. SPF or Sun Protection Factor are those things you see with the numbers like 15, 30 or more the lowest you should go is 15 SPF but the recommended is 30. It’s also important to know this SPF is only meaning UVB Rays. Meaning you also should find a sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
3. Full protection , now waterproof is good, but you should also still re apply it after awhile of water play or sweating because it doesn’t last forever. And also you should reply about every 2 hours if you are playing in water or sweating reduce that to around 1 hour 15 minutes to re apply. For as long as sun exposure lasts.
4. Now the sprays are just as good as lotions but just as lotions don’t miss any un protected spots. That includes if you or your kids are bald , buzzcuted, or have skin exposed on head to get that area too.
It also doesn’t matter the cost you can get low-cost sunscreen as long as it does the UVA and UVB protection. So with that make sure you stay safe and have fun this summer.
Also some other sun protection tips.
1. In the summer many like have less on , but be careful wear hats if you can and sun glasses that have a good UVA and UVB protections. I mentioned above that if your or any of your children have are bald or have a buzzcut , which is popular this time of year make sure to keep that protected.
2. The Sun is most harmful during the hours of 10am-2pm it’s rising up there so try if you can to wait to later in the day or earlier for outdoor fun.