Mychiller food- your food. your life. Thanksgiving and sweet potatoes go along together so here are 3 great sweet Potato recipes.
1. Sweet Potato Fries- you can make these anytime of the year. They fit really well if you want to change up some Thanksgiving treats.
orignaly 2 serving (so change to your needs)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 yams, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread the olive oil over a baking sheet.
- Arrange the yams on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer; season with the seasoned salt.
- Bake the yams in the preheated oven until soft, about 25 minute
Sweet Potato Muffins
1 cup Butter, softened
1 cup Sugar
2 cups Buttermilk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1-1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons Baking Powder
1 pound Sweet Potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
|1. Preheat oven to 350 F.2. In medium mixing bowl combine butter and sugar.
3. Blend in eggs, buttermilk, flour, baking powder and cooked sweet potatoes.
4. Use wooden spoon to blend all ingredients well.
5. Spoon muffin batter into greased muffin tins. Fill 2/3’s full.
6. Bake 25 minutes.
And Finally, Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 1/2 pound(s) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup(s) pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, 45 to 50 minutes more.